Monday, November 1, 2010

Self Review of Demonstration Speech

I think I did a pretty decent job with the speech.  First of all, my introduction wasn't as good as it could've been, however I think many kids in the class could relate to it.  I'm not sure that it really grabbed the audience's attention and I could have used more enthusiasm while opening my speech.  I was also a little nervous, which is natural, but I was moving around too much.  I think the content of my speech was pretty good and easy to understand.  The main idea was to get the audience involved, and I think that happened.  My eye contact was limited because I had to look at my own paper airplane, but in the rest of the speech I did pretty well with eye contact.  I noticed a couple things wrong with the end of the speech.  In my conclusion I never really stated the relevance to the audience, which I planned on doing beforehand. The main things for me to improve on are being more enthusiastic and using more emotion while speaking, and work on opening up and wrapping up my speech better.

No comments:

Post a Comment