Thursday, October 7, 2010

Response to Dallas Lewallen's TILOHL Blog

After reading Dallas' blog post, I felt like we had a similar viewpoint on most of the material.  He talked about how controversial and touchy the subject of consent in medical research is and how we need to be more educated on it.  If we are more educated on it, it will probably benefit all of us.
The links that Dallas provided in his blog were very useful and on subject.  The one that brought me to Rebecca Skloot's website was convenient because it taught me more about her goals and reasons for writing TILOHL.  The video of Skloot speaking to a group of students from Galluadets University was also helpful to me.  It showed Skloot in a different aspect, and I respect the fact that she is willing to speak openly about a controversial subject.
As I said earlier, I agreed for the most part with Dallas on what he believes about TILOHL.  His post was clear and simply written so it was not hard to understand what his main points were.  Overall, Dallas did a solid job responding to TILOHL.

Here is a link to Dallas' post:  http://dlewallenlsc100f10.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment